9 Which is the competent authority to turn to in cases of disputes and other legal issues?

An application on division of the joint property may be submitted to probate court (probate court is a part of city court, which is a local court in Denmark), if one of the partners lives in Denmark. If at least one partner has a connection to Denmark, the partners may agree that an application on division be submitted there. The partners may not enter into such an agreement in advance, but it may only be made when there is a dispute on the division of property upon divorce or legal separation.

An application on division of the part of the joint property which is located in Denmark may be submitted there, if the assets in question are not subject to an estate proceeding in another country. (Act on Division of Family Assets, § 4) (Administration of Estates Act, § 74)